February 11, 2018 marked the third year of my natural hair journey!
This last year of my natural hair journey has been pretty good so far. Getting the hang of my styling and maintaining of my hair type was my goal for 2017. Check out my current staple products right now below.
Leave In Conditioner
Organic Root Stimulator Monoi Oil Leave in Conditioner
Creme of Nature Coconut Milk Styling Cream
Then and Now
The picture on the left was taken during the year of 2013 right after my big chop. This was before I began the no heat challenge. The picture on the right was taken in March of 2018 marking three years fully natural and more than a year straight of no heat!
Tips for progressing on the natural hair journey:
- Use wide tooth combs to prevent breakage
- Limit using brushes if you have the hair type of 4A through 4C
- Limit the use of heat to between once or twice a year to prevent heat damage
- Drink at least 32oz of water daily
- Wet your hair before manipulation to prevent breakage
- Always wear a satin or silk hair scarf or bonnet to prevent lose of moisture while you sleep
- Invest in silk or satin pillowcases as cotton tends to suck moisture from your hair as you sleep
- Take advantage of protective styling to retain length